Thursday 15 January 2015

oxford wandering

While I was on a trip down south to visit Carys in Coventry I took the train to Oxford for the day. I'm not really sure what drew me to wanting to go there, maybe just another one of those places I'd been hearing about as long as I could remember. So why not?!

An old clock tower in Oxford

These kind of old English towns, like York, have so much history behind them. Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English speaking world.
Buildings older than the discovery of my country by Europeans!
Oxford is also home to hundreds of bicycles, thanks to the student culture of biking everywhere.
Bicycles and churches in Oxford
I wandered around the colleges and streets and it was really cool to see the university culture, although it all felt very prestigious to me!
Walking through the park next to part of Oxford University

Oxford University

Famous Hertford overbridge in Oxford

Oxford University

Radcliffe Camera, a reading room for students

More bicycles!


More bicycles and churches!

Canal on my way back to the railway station
It was a nice day of walking around and I escaped the little bit of rain eating in a cafe in the covered market. There are numerous museums apparently well worth visiting but I was ready to head back to Coventry to didn't make it to any of them. Worth a passing visit to see another old English town!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment