Wednesday 31 December 2014

ending 2014

After my trip away when my visa ended I re-entered the UK on a tourist visa (after a bit of grilling from immigration at the border!). I spent the rest of the year mostly in Edinburgh, with a couple of small trips away.

Edinburgh Christmas Market

First up Mum and I went to Linlithgow Palace, which is about 20 minutes away by train. The palace has no roof but it is a charming place to visit, although somewhat cold in December!


Fountain in the courtyard of the palace

Mum exploring the palace

View from the top of one of the towers

Looking down on the palace...what's left of it!

Mum and I up the top

The street up to the church and palace


It snowed, which was awesome, I went to see Wicked for the second time, also awesome, and I took a long-awaited (since primary school) trip to York (need I say it was awesome?).

Just a bit of snow and the crags

A little but of snow and Arthurs Seat in the background

Absolutely love this show!


I also took a small trip to West Kilbride with Phil and walked along the beach in the winter weather. Love a walk on the beach, sunshine or not!

Cheesing

Posing

Scottish beach!


Next up was the Edinnurgh Christmas Markets, in keeping with my love of all things Christmas, and what would an Edinburgh Christmas be without a visit to The Dome.

The giant Christmas tree in the Dome

On the big wheel

Edinburgh Christmas market

Actually after New Year but kinda fits here...ice skating!!
Christmas was an orphans affair at the flat with a hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity and an amazing Christmas dinner.

Mmm Christmas dinner

Our tree

Makeshift angel

My first attempt at tablet!

Edinburgh at Christmas

Edinburgh at Christmas


After that I made a quick trip up to Peterhead, and saw lions and tigers (true story).

Puppy walking time

Scout!

Definitely a colder winter this year...frozen lake!

Sophie and Scout

Beautiful winter days

The beach at Fraserburgh

Lions hanging out in Fraserburgh for the winter

Scouts first train trip


New Year rolled around and before I knew it here we are in 2015! It's going to be an interesting one..

Phil and I

Midnight fireworks from the crags


x

No comments:

Post a Comment